Re: restricting listener access

From: FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:41:34 +0200

Yong Huang wrote:

> I just set up another 10g database on another Windows XP. I tried to
> stop the listener remotely and got error new to 10g "TNS-1189: The
> listener could not authenticate the user". The Cause of the error in
> documentation says "The user is attempting to administer the listener
> from a remote node".
>
> A little off-topic. 10g also solved another minor security problem:
> literal characters in wrapped PL/SQL code are shown in plain text (see
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=b3cb12d6.0205231329.6f0a4f5e%40posting.google.com).
> Not any more.
>
> Yong Huang

Thank you for your test and your time :) I didn't have a chance to set a good environment last week.

(I had to fight against NUMA architectures lately...)

For the listener: it would be good to have a parameter to allow (or not) remote administration (even on old versions). I'll place it in the oracle wish-list.

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com

replace mycontinent with europe