Re: database in firewall

From: Steve Croft <stevec_at_ditdash.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2004 09:11:35 -0700

I believe Cisco has the ability to "follow" a redirect for certain protocols including Oracle's network protocol. I have no experience with how well Cisco does this, I just know it advertises the capability. Here is some tech detail from the Cisco site (scroll down to the SQL*Net part):

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=24685