Re: a need to store a few rows of data before final output

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 05:48:24 GMT

UnixUser wrote:

> I need to write a pl/sql block that will allow me to select a small
> quantity of rows from a table. These rows need to be manipulated with
> some further processing and finally all of the rows need to be
> returned from the procedure. I am using Delphi with Oracle 8I. If
> you cannot post a complete example please give me a book reference,
> link or somethink that I can follow without having to post back and
> forth 5 or 10 times.
>
> Thanks

Not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish. Even less sure of the purpose of Delphi, as compared to any other language or environment such as SQL*Plus.

All I can therefore suggest is some resources:

0) Book: Effective Oracle by Design
1) http://otn.oracle.com >> PL/SQL (Select Sample Code)
2) http://otn.oracle.com >> Oracle By Example (Select Training)
3) http://www.oraclepress.com >> Search for PL/SQL
4) http://oracle.oreilly.com  & look through the list
5) http://www.google.com >> Search fr PLSQL Examples
6) http://docs.oracle.com & browse for Application Developer's Guide

HTH
/Hans Received on Sun Sep 26 2004 - 00:48:24 CDT