Re: ORA-12640

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:23:48 +0200

On 24 Sep 2004 22:26:30 -0700, dominica_l_at_yahoo.com (Dominica Leung) wrote:

>But when I try to connect to the database from Informatica 7.1.1
>I get these error:
>
>ORA-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed
>
>Database driver error...
>Function Name : Connect
>Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [domrep] and
>connection string [DOMTEST1]..
>An error occurred while restoring this repository.

So is it an Oracle error? Probably not.
The error states it can't acces your local windows user database (aka sam).
This might be caused by anything, including a lack of resources (you run a third party product on top of the Oracle client, and Oracle works, so we know it is not Oracle).

The best thing to do is to run a sqlnet trace on level 16. I have posted numerous times how to do this in this forum.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA