ORA-12640

From: Dominica Leung <dominica_l_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2004 22:26:30 -0700

Hi All,

  Has anyone see
ORA-12640 in WINDOW 2000 ?

The strange thing is I
use
sqlplus domrep/domrep_at_DOMTEST1

it works fine.

But when I try to connect to the database from Informatica 7.1.1 I get these error:

ORA-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed

Database driver error...
Function Name : Connect
Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [domrep] and connection string [DOMTEST1]..
An error occurred while restoring this repository.

The DOMTEST1 database is a local database inside this PC machine(window2000).

I have 2 copy of oracle, one if the Oracle 8.1.7 server that I would like to connect to.

I do have oracle 9 client there.

Any suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

Dominica Received on Sat Sep 25 2004 - 00:26:30 CDT