patch failed

From: David Rocks <rocks_at_nmsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:04:10 -0600

   I tried applying the recent security patch set to Oracle 10g on a solaris 9 system. I used the web interface of the oracle enterprise manager. The patch went through the 1st 4 steps OK, checking, staging, and expanding the patch. It failed on the apply step with an error 004, couldn't find etc/config/inventory. Does anyone know when and by what process this file is created? Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 09:04:10 CDT