Re: Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i Lite Sync

From: Karthik <karthi_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2004 06:34:55 -0700

Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:<KCo4d.127242$XP3.93724_at_edtnps84>...
> Karthik wrote:
>
> > the current issue that we are facing is that the application is
> > desigend for JDK1.4 but oracle lite insists that it needs jdk 1.3. i
> > dont think there will be an issue in running 2 jvms in a single
> > machine. can you please confirm the same
> >

> If I understand your question correctly, an excellent example of this is
> built into JDeveloper. That allows you to specify the JVM to be used for
> developing and testing your application. You can literally specify a
> different JVM for each application. The interesting thing about that is
> JDeveloper is a Java application & is running while you test.
>
> /Hans

Thanks a lot for the reply.. Im now having a interesting (wierd ??) issue. I have successfully configured Oracle Lite 9i [5.0.2] on the system. this is using JDK1.3 [oracle lite needs 1.3 only] . I have copied [Note - copied ]JDK 1.4 directory in the same machine.. I started Tomcat by pointing java_home to jdk1.4. i configured jdbc connection.. when i run the application, it got a connection [got a object id of some sort OracleConnection_at_xxxxxxxxx].but after this it said oljdbc40 is not in java.library.path. so i edited catalina.bat and added -Djava.library.path option so that the dll is recoginsed by jvm. when i started the application, it is giving me EXCEPTION : ACCESS VIOLATION by jvm.

SOS.. please help. If this is a wrong group to post.. i apologise.. but can anyone help me out with this or atleast point out where to post....

One interesting thing to note is.. i wrote a small java code to insert a row into a table. this is working properly...donno where the issue is..

thanks
karthik Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 08:34:55 CDT