Re: Forcing the client to use a non-primay network card (NIC)

From: Snewber <s_z_at_zz.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:36:37 +1000

I think we might be thinking of different problems. Because I'm only concerned about the oracle client, the listener doesn't really matter does it? The remote databases could be anywhere and it wouldn't make a difference to the client. The problem I'm trying to solve is to get the oracle client to use a secondary NIC (which has it's own non-primary name and IP). So, unless there is some parameter in net8 land that tells the oracle client to send outbound traffic on a specified NIC (and I don't think there is) then it can't be done at the oracle level.