Re: oracle grid

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2004 16:01:20 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1095815316.62541_at_yasure>...
> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>
> > Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
> >
> > [snip]> >>>

> >>To the best of my knowledge that is not correct. You can use the Grid
> >>control without RAC.
> >

> > [snip]
> >
> > Sigh.
> >
> > It was evident from the content of this thread that the discussion was
> > about Oracle Grid. Not Oracle's Grid Control.
> >
> > Noons Hans and I appeared to have no problem working that out...
> >
> > HJR
>
> I'm the sole American so no doubt I am clueless.

As another clueless American, I have to say an uncontrolled Grid is what you sometimes have with Grid Control. (I'm referring to the tendency to have things go off and happen unstoppably, just because you "pushed" a button. Like unwanted configurations that blow components irretrieveably, and component shutdowns that go into never-never land.) But I guess the modern way to do things is indeterminate and prone to domino, just like power delivery from under-regulated, overloaded utilities.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Or is that over-regulated, under-connected?