Re: Global Temporary Table Scalability Problem

From: Jim Garrison <jhg_at_athensgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:36:13 -0500

Richard Foote wrote:

> "william milbratz" <milbratz_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bill,
>
> Be assured that things get a little easier with 9i although analyzing temp
> tables can have rather nasty repercussions !!
>
> Cheers
>
> Richard

I haven't found that things get any easier in 9i (9.2.0.5.0). I'm still seeing a 40x difference between using a GTT and a real table, with the GTT on the wrong end of the discrepancy (see my other post here).

The SET_TABLE_STATS solution seems to work, however. Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 17:36:13 CDT