Re: Oracle 10g - Diminishing DBA roles ...

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2004 07:40:33 -0700

JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote in message news:<slrnckmnrt.or.jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>...
> On 2004-09-17, Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:
> > Of course. Because real DBAs have PCs at home where they test and research
> > and work things out. So even if their particular work requirements mean
> > they don't get to implement something in real-life practice, they're ready
> > for the day when business requirements change.
>
> Single? Expecting to be single soon?

I agree with this. I work 45-50 hours a week as a production DBA on mostly new versions, but rarely anything truly cutting edge. I then go home and work with new technologies in my four PC lab in the basement from 9:00PM or so until midnight at least three nights week...did I also mention I have a wife and four children?

This is really getting old...and so am I... Received on Tue Sep 21 2004 - 09:40:33 CDT