cancel an insert within the trigger?

From: Andre <avanrossem_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2004 03:19:00 -0700

Hello all,

I have created an insert trigger:
If I do a count on the table and this count results in a 1 or higher I would not insert the record. (of_id is not the primary key)

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER iu_cli BEFORE insert or update on client FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
   CC number;
   IF INSERTING
   THEN
    select count(*) into CC from client WHERE of_id = :new.of_id;

            If CC > 1 then
              --do not insert?
            end if;

   END IF;
END;
/

The Question is: Can I do this this way? What code to put on the ???? marks?

Thanks All,
Anneke Received on Tue Sep 21 2004 - 05:19:00 CDT