Re: Moving .dbf file from one moun to other mount

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 20 Sep 2004 07:11:22 -0700

umeshoracle_at_yahoo.com (U C) wrote in message news:<fd94e273.0409200246.466bfbad_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I am having two mounts where my .dbf files are store
> 1) oracle is first mount: its has near 4 .dbf file which carries data
> of organizatoin. with path as /oracle/data/.dbf
> 2) ora second mount: This mount also has 1 .dbf file which also
> carries data of customers. physical path /ora/.dbf
>
> both mount has different physical path.
>
> Now I want to move .dbf from mount 2 to mount 1 along with data
>
> what steps should i follow to achieve , this is mision critical for
> us.

  1. shutdown database
  2. move your file from its current destination to the second one
  3. startup nomount
  4. alter database rename datafile '/oracle/data/file.dbf' to /ora/file.dbf';
  5. alter database open

That's all.

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.