Move table and index rebuild in STD edition

From: G Dahler <gordon.dalher_at_spamex.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:37:52 -0400

We are using oracle 8i std edition (moving to 9i or 10g soon)

With regards to the move table and index rebuild command, and being in the standard edition, I wonder what happens in terms of locking when I move a table or rebuild an index (in order to change it's tablespace) in oracle std edition.

In enterprise edition, I know there is an "online move and rebuild option"

In standard edition, what happens ? The table or index is locked and all transactions are waiting on the lock until the table is moved or the index rebuilt ?

I can't seem to find the answer in the docs. Received on Mon Sep 20 2004 - 08:37:52 CDT