Re: OOOOPSS: switch from file system to raw device

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:54:50 GMT

Better yet - here's the link
http://users.ca.astound.net/baspence//AIXtip/download/ora9i_5L_v5.6_052604.p df

FILESYSTEMS When choosing a filesystem solution, JFS2 with Concurrent I/O, (CIO), is the best performing filesystem for most Oracle workloads.

In some situations however, there may be benefits of file system caching (e.g. sequential read ahead), so Direct I/O (DIO), or CIO may not always provide the best performance.

CIO, available only on JFS2, requiring AIX 5.2 ML01 or later, allows filesystems to have performance characteristics reasonably close to that of raw devices.

"koert54" <koert54_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:LhV2d.1572538$y4.272781_at_news.easynews.com...
> So far I have only read the thread with half an eye ...
> I have been using AIX for many years - and also in combination with raw
> devices/oracle
> From AIX 5.2 I only use JFS2 with the CIO mount option (concurrent IO).
This