Re: Huge memory consumption during hot backup

From: Paolo <borghesi_at_libero.it>
Date: 17 Sep 2004 08:29:12 -0700

Hello Howard,

   I tried to use the scripts you wrote
(http://www.dizwell.com/html/scripted_backups.html), but I'm experiencing the same available memory decrease (from 750 Mb to 250 Mb), while the scripts execute the "objFS.COPYFile strInput, strOutput" command on a 2 Gb datafile (I've about 10 datafiles sized 2 Gb).

I think that it is a problem related to Windows file cache management, even if I don't know how to manage it. As I wrote, I've already tried to change the the "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" properties but with no success.

I'll try with RMAN ASAP...

Best regards,

Paolo Borghesi