Re: Sqlldr Query

From: Ian <ian_stephenson(_at_)hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:47:10 +1000

Gents,

I just want to report back to you that I am using external tables and MERGE INTO successfully for the initial population and daily update on some 42 tables within the database. My experience is limited to attending a couple of 9i database courses and also an PL/SQL course within the last 12 months and there is no-one on staff to ask questions of. Even so, with the help of this group and referring to the documentation everything is now working well and the amount of code to do the task was minimal. Many thanks to those who replied.

Regards,
Ian

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1094795629.597943_at_yasure...
> Hans Forbrich wrote:
>
> > Daniel Morgan wrote:

> >>Except that in 10g external tables and not read only ... you can write
> >>them to. I don't think SQL*Loader can do that.
> >

> > Referring to Chapter 13 of the Oracle10g Utilities Reference manual.
There

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10825/et_concepts.htm#i1009127)