Re: Swap space for small Oracle 9 db

From: Dick <urdick2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:43:58 GMT

Chris Manning wrote:

> Hey Gurus:
>
> Im looking for some advice on swap space.
>
> I have a 16CPU 32GB RAM, 8GB swap E12k domain, that I'm going to be
> running a small (1GB) Oracle 9 database on. When the preinstall script
> is run, it recommends that I have at least 32GB of swap. Is that
> really sane? Considering the size of my DB, and my physical memory?
>
> thanks!
>
> -chris

Why more Swap ? You enough physical mem. Forget the rule. Use your sense. I had a server with 16 G RAM and the ideal swap would be atleast 32 G. But just configured the box with 2 G swap( SGA < 1 G ) and didn't have any pbms. When we strugled with 512 MB RAM, Those rules were right but not any more...

Dick Received on Thu Sep 16 2004 - 16:43:58 CDT