Re: oracle grid

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 15 Sep 2004 17:27:14 -0700

"gigg" <giorgior2003_at_tiscali.it> wrote in message news:<ci9h7e$kaj$1_at_grillo.cs.interbusiness.it>...
> anyone can tell me in few words how does "oracle grid" work?

It shares a single database across many nodes, claiming to improve scalability and redundancy/failover.

1

> and what about their system requirements?

Other than a functioning network card, it all depends on what your requirements are. But as a rule: a RAC-compatible OS and as much CPU and memory as you can cram in there. Just about the same as any other db, really.

> thanks of all...

you asked for "few words". Received on Wed Sep 15 2004 - 19:27:14 CDT