Re: user password replicated?

From: Michaele James <jamesfamilyva_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:42:24 -0400

We do not dictate to our clients what they can and can't use as far as the type of replication and/or the platform. We give no administrative support beyond what is necessary to run our software which is not much beyond security and view set up.

I can tell you they must be on 8.1.x or higher.

I would think any of them that are using replication would be using advanced replication. I thought I was asking a generic yes/no question, but I can see it is not that simple.

Our enhancement request is to allow users to change their own password and have that password also replicate to any replicated servers. Our software uses a SQL Server or Oracle database. SQL does not on it's own replicate the users and so it certainly doesn't relicate the passwords. We know that in SQL we will have to programatically change the password on each database and were trying to determine if we had to do the same in Oracle or if it would handle it as part of the replication.

Thank You for your time.
Michaele James