Re: dual table - 9iR2

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:38:54 GMT

Believe it or not this behaviour is an artifact of the client you are using to do the selects - sqlplus. For some strange reason I never understood, SQL*Plus detects that you are selecting from dual, and only processes the first row from the cursor each time. I think this is bugged somewhere. It may be specific to the version of SQL*Plus as well (from memory introduced with 9.0.1)