Re: OracleNet and Mocrosoft COM objects

From: Michael D. Long <michael.d.long-nospam_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:29:52 -0400

You're being bitten by connection pooling. The algorithm doesn't properly release connections on errors that are non-recoverable, such as when communication to the server is lost.

To simulate the problem, build a fat client, nail up a connection, begin performing queries and recycle the server. Make sure not to fix the connection, but continue outputting errors. You should see the same behavior.

--
Michael D. Long