Re: Max Size Datafile in 10g

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 14:22:29 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<4146fc78$0$5727$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> I was pretty certain 8 Exabytes was the total per-tablespace limit, but I
> was just wondering...
>
> If I thought for a minute that anybody on the face of the planet, apart from
> the CIA, actually *needed* 8 Exabytes, I'd care enough to look it up...

Rich Niemec in one of his uplifting flights of fancy seminars asked people to email him ideas of what you could use such an amount of information for. I don't believe anyone came up with anything good. He referred to some research done at UCLA on the total information quantity in the world currently at 1 Exabyte, but I don't recall who did it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.oit.ucla.edu/Documents/10