Re: Max Size Datafile in 10g

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:13:14 +1000

Connor McDonald wrote:

> A. Fuentes wrote:

>> Hello Fellow Oracle Users,
>>
>> What is the maximum size of a datafile that Oracle 10g server
>> can support: a)In a Filesystem? b)In a Veritas Raw Volume?
>>
>> Would it be the maximum file size that the OS filesystem can support?
>>
>> Any info will be appreciated.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> A. Fuentes
>
> bigfile tablespaces I think are limited to 8 exabytes.  (8 million
> terabytes).  Whether your OS can cope (or whether you have that much
> disk!) is another question
>
> hth
> connor

I haven't bothered to check just yet... are we still allowed 64K files per bigfile tablespace? Hence the limit would be 64,000-ish times 8 Exabytes??

I was pretty certain 8 Exabytes was the total per-tablespace limit, but I was just wondering...

If I thought for a minute that anybody on the face of the planet, apart from the CIA, actually *needed* 8 Exabytes, I'd care enough to look it up...

:-/

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Sep 14 2004 - 09:13:14 CDT