Re: FAQ - Etiquette - and how to get an answer

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:58:33 +1000

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:07:55 +1000, Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>

>> Er, Good Queen Vic had been dead for 13 years by the time Captain
>> Blackadder was doing duty-dodging service in the trenches.

> Yeah, I know, but I dostinctly remember a scene like that
> from Blackadder. It's been a long time ago, and I don't
> quite remeber the context.

You are thinking of Blackadder's Christmas Carol, where it turns out that Ebeneezer Blackadder, proprietor of a mustache shop, is visited by Queen Victoria as a reward for being England's nicest, kindest, most generous man. Unfortunately, he has just been visited by the Ghost of Christmas beforehand, and has turned into a ruthless bastard.

Punchlines: "It's a bit of a tiddler, ain't it?" (Baldric complaining about the special Christmas twig that Mr Blackadder has purchased from Mr. Thicktwistle's Garden Emporium.

Also: "I'm not convinced that Christianity would have established its firm grip over the hearts and minds of mankind if all Jesus had ever said was "Woof.""

And: "Mrs Scratchit, you have the body of a weak woman, but the mind of a criminal genius!"

And : "I would explain, my dear, but I fear that you wouldn't understand -- blessed as you are with a head that is emptier than a hermit's address book."

I could go on...

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Sep 14 2004 - 00:58:33 CDT