Re: oradim - return codes??

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:56:48 GMT

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> It's fascinating to me that Cygwin and now this Uwin thing emulate (is
> that the right word?) Unix in a Windows environment. Is there much call
> for this sort of thing? Or is it merely for people who love Unix, but are
> compelled to use Windows because of corporate standards?
>
> If you had a piece of Unix software you wanted to run, you would never go
> the Cygwin/Uwin route in production, would you?
>
> I'd love to know why this software was ever invented, really. Seriously.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Best example I have - run X-Windows in Cygwin & run Linux headless and be able to run Oracle Installer on any machine from your Windows box. (Can you say 'terminal server' <g>)

Aside from that - a lot of users of Lilypond (http://lilypond.org) are Windows-only and this allows them to run it as well.

And the list goes on and on

/Hans Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 17:56:48 CDT