Re: [Q] how to online drop tempfile???

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:42:13 +1000

rich wrote:

> Create new temp tablespace.
> Drop temp old tablespace.
>
> rich

We've moved on from that, Rich. Those were my original suggestions. Mark wrote that there was a simpler way (add new tempfile, drop original). I mentioned that although I knew it was possible that way, I found the syntax to do it difficult to remember.

That's where we've gotten to.

It's now really a question of new v. old or up-to-date v. old-fashioned.

Like you, however, I am not convinced that the new syntax really adds fundamentally to our problem-solving capabilities (ie, the problem can be resolved without resorting to the new syntax).

Regards
HJR   Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 16:42:13 CDT