Re: Problems with Oracle 10g EM

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:01:43 +0100

Hi mike...

about the oracle_sid not defined.. I can't talk much. Try to define ORACLE_SID variable in your environment.

About the loopback adapter you'll just need it if you dont have a fixec IP. If you're using DHCP it's a good idea to install the loopback adapter. A loopback adapter it's just a way to have a kind of "internal IP" that only you machine knows. This is usefull because of the bunch of files referencing IP that oracle uses. If your IP changes and you don't have the loopback adapter instaled then you'll have troubles :(

bye
pedro