Re: setting ORACLE_SID within PERL

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:26:29 GMT

hastenthunder wrote:

> Hi gurus,
>
> I need to be able to set Linux's environment variable for Oracle within a
> PERL script.
> The Linux command to set environment variable is "export".
> So I tried to set it using the system() command:
>
> system('export ORACLE_SID = TEST');
>
> But that did not seem to work, the script just continues to execute without
> actually changing the environment variable.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciate!
>
> Gordon

As mentioned, this is a basic Perl question.

There's More Than One Way to Do It... (Perl motto)

perldoc Env [module]
perldoc perlvar [search for %ENV]

And if done correctly, there should be nothing in your Perl script regarding how environment variables are set or used that is specific to either Unix or Windows.

--Mark Bole Received on Sat Sep 11 2004 - 20:26:29 CDT