Oracle App. Compiling Error, Search for Solaris 8 Patches

From: Vance Wu <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2004 10:51:32 -0700

Hi all,

I'm currently running Solaris 8, I have an Oracle application when I compiled it with Oracle8i libraries it was ok, but when I compiled the same application with Oracle9i libraries, it failed and gave the following error message:

.
.

ld: fatal: file /usr/lib/libc.so: version `SUNW_1.20.4' does not exist:

        required by file /export/home/colddba/vance_build/oracle9201/lib/libclntsh.so ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to ..

.
.

Actually the file /usr/lib/libc.so is there, I believe it is an older version, and it is not compatible with the Oracle9i library /export/home/colddba/vance_build/oracle9201/lib/libclntsh.so

Can someone tell me what Solaris 8 patches that I should apply to bring library libc.so to version `SUNW_1.20.4'

Thanks in advance,
Vance Received on Fri Sep 10 2004 - 12:51:32 CDT