Re: how to sync rman backup catalog with 3rd party backup tool database

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2004 16:05:46 -0700

"Bud Socks" <bud_socks_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:<2qb7fdFsn86fU1_at_uni-berlin.de>...
> hello,
>
> this question is for those who are using a 3rd party backup tool
> to store backups via rman.
>
> Regardless, whether rman stores backup informations in a control file or
> in a rman repository database, those backup entries need to be syncronized
> with the backup catalog of the 3rd party backup tool.
>
> How is this syncronization being done ? scripting ? any tools ?
>
> thanks

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/rcmconfg.htm#RCMUG101 http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96565/rcmsynta49.htm#98618

I'm pretty sure I've seen notes on metalink about the interface, or maybe it was in an upgrade or new features guide when they decremented the previous product.

It does make a difference which platform and versions.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Dude, we totally forgot our slogan..." ~ Medical Marijuana