Re: Clarification pls - Upgrade to 9205 with Security Patches Install Procedures (Solaris 9)

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:43:41 -0400

Remigiusz Boguszewicz wrote:
>>> 1. Install base 9201
>>> 1a. do not yet create database
>>> 1b. can't run any post-install SQL scripts (because no database)? --
>>> pls confirm
>>> 2. Apply 9205 patchset
>>> 2a. do not yet create database
>>> 2b. can't run any post-install SQL scripts (because no database)?
>>> 3. Apply Security Alert #68 patches for Solaris 9 32-bit & 9205.
>>> 3a. can't run any post-install SQL scripts (because no database)?
>>> 4. finally create database (catalog/catproc, etc)
>>> 5. import full production 734 database into 9205 database with
>>> security patches (3811906 & 3835964)applied

> ok

>>> 5a. finally, run 9205 patchset SQL scripts (catpatch.sql, etc)
>>> 5b. finally, run Security Alert #68 patch SQL scripts
>
> Is it really neccesary? During the database creation after applying the
> patches the database will be created with patched scripts. Am I wrong?

My understanding is that the prebuilt "template" databases are never patched, so if you use any of them, even after patching the software, you need to go and run all the database patch scripts.

If you use the "new" database template, which builds everything from scripts, you should end up with a fully patched database.

Someone please correct me if I am in error on this...

--Peter Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 09:43:41 CDT