Re: See underlying recursive SYS statements in SGA ??

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2004 07:14:12 -0700

spendius_at_muchomail.com (Spendius) wrote in message news:<aba30b75.0409070615.68565550_at_posting.google.com>...
> I'm rephrasing my last question: do you think it's possible
> to view what are the SELECTs implicitly performed by Oracle
> itself (on all SYS.*$ stuffs etc.) for a session otherwise
> than through a trace/tkprof of this session ?
>
> Thanks.
> Spendius

Hi, Spendius,

I don't think this is possible. v$sql shows recursive SQLs. But the challenge here is to find those recursive SQLs created or executed on behalf of your user session. Unfortunately, parsing_user_id and parsing_schema_id for those SQLs are 0 (SYS). First and last load time columns can't be used to make this association either.

Cary Millsap says x$trace provides "a means to access extended SQL trace data through SQL". I don't see anything in there that looks like SQL trace output. He didn't give examples because this is undocumented and unreliable. See his "Optimizing Oracle Performance" p.55.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 09:14:12 CDT