Re: Oracle9i: How to pull LOB data via SQL*Plus ?

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:52:41 +0100

In article <414016c2_at_olaf.komtel.net>, André Hartmann says...

> When I really find a way to do it throung PL/SQL (DBMS_LOB) that should
> open a possibility to do it through SQL*Plus, no ? Because one can use
> SQL*Plus as a gateway to the database and hence as a gateway to the PL/SQL
> functionality. That's my plan if only I knew what particular part of PL/SQL
> / DBMS_LOB would do the job. Are there some samples outthere ? My 9i doc
> doesnt have them.

I could send you some tips on this but you need to be aware that you will be executing DBMS_LOB inside the database. You can do stuff with a Java Stored Procedure simply enough to write out contents from BLOB to o/s but as this is a stored procedure it will execute within the server and will not be able to write output to the client machine's o/s

--

jeremy