Windows ORADIM -startup -sid .... command

From: Luca Li Greci <luca.ligreci_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 06:18:25 GMT

Hi all,

I'm a beginner DBA, my experience is limited to windows environmet.

My doubt and question are on ORADIM command and the windows service Oracle<ORACLE_HOME><SID>. ????

In windows environment why have to check if this service is started before type in sql*plus the startup command ??

Isn't startup command (in sql*plus) that allocate memory structure (SGA+PGA) and startup background processes (DBWn + LGWR + CKPT .....) ?

Thanks for your comments,
Luca Received on Thu Sep 09 2004 - 01:18:25 CDT