Materialized View Log - do they shrink?

From: M Rothwell <ThisIsABadAddress_at_toobad.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:44:52 -0700

Given the following:

Table XYZ on server A
MViewLog MLOG$_XYZ on server A
MView XYZ on server B

If MView XYZ on server B is created as:

Create Materialized view XYZ
build immediate
refresh fast with primary key
as select * from xyz_at_serverA;

when I refresh MView XYZ, does it do anything to the MVeiw log on server A? Does that log continue to grow and grow as table XYZ is updated even tho I have refreshed my MView on server B? If so, and I am concerned about space, then how would I go about keeping the MView log file small and not risk any data inconsitancies? I will have the MView in a refresh group updating 1 or maybe 2 times per day.

Both server A and B are running O9i R2 on HP-UX boxes.

Thanks Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 15:44:52 CDT