Re: Oracle9i: How to pull LOB data via SQL*Plus ?

From: André Hartmann <andrehartmann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:11:30 +0200

> Rubbish. Of course it's a legitimate question if it elicits real
information
> about the fundamental business need. Unless of course you are stuck with a
> client who thinks he knows everything, and simply wants you to implement
> his already-decided-upon solution.

  Hey, I am just a developer here. I dont even know the name, the company or an email of the customer. I just get my tasks assigned by the management. And my current task is what I have described in my original post. I am not responsible for the communication with the customer and I am not in the position to influence it.

  When I posted here, I was expecting something like "yes, it works.. namely this way..." or "no it doesnt work for this and that reason". That would have been helpful, not an esoteric discussion that seems off-topic in this group and that does not contribute to the solution of the current problem.

  I feel that it is perfectly legitimate to ask whether a native client tool like SQL*PLus or something else shipped with the Oracle client can perform a BLOB fetch from the database to a local file without doing some programming in a compiled language or not. Very often there are even two or more ways to accomplish a specific task and no-one raises the question "why". you just pick whats appropriate in your case. Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 11:11:30 CDT