Re: control_file_record_keep_time parameter

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:09:17 +0200

"Bud Socks" <bud_socks_at_gmx.de> a écrit dans le message de news:2q8ku6FsksbsU1_at_uni-berlin.de...
> Hi there,
>
> we are using rman without a backup catalog.
> All backup informations are stored in the control files.
>
> Since the setting of the control_file_record_keep_time parameter to value
> "30"
> i`m wondering why the list backup command of rman shows backups older than
> 30 days.
>
> How can this happen ?

From doc:

CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME specifies the minimum number of days before a reusable record in the control file can be reused. In the event a new record needs to be added to a reusable section and the oldest record has not aged enough, the record section expands.

The important word is "minimum".

--
Regards
Michel Cadot