bouncing the database from the client's PL*SQL

From: Miori <cattorayye_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2004 05:25:26 -0700

Dear all,
Server machine running Oracle Database Server on Linux and a Client machine running Oracle Client on WIndows XP.

HOw it is possible to shut down/start up the Oracle database on the server from SQL*Plus of the client. I know it can be done from SQL*Plus of the server but the point is that I want to do it from SQL*Plus of the Client.
Many many thnx for any tips,
Miori Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 07:25:26 CDT