Re: Global Temporary Table

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:53:59 +1000

Laly wrote:

> True i can create an index on a temporary table but since we cannot
> gather stats on this table the index are never used.
>

> Laly.

Have you checked this statement for its accuracy, or are you just theorising about it?

If there are no statistics, then a 9i system will fall back to using the Rule-based optimisations for access... rule 2 of which, iirc, is "if there's an index, use it".

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 03:53:59 CDT