Re: Again about Oracle 8i on Win XP Pro

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 17:27:08 -0700

"ANSWER" <bojan_at_blic.net> wrote in message news:<chf5vc$5r6$1_at_ariane.blic.net>...
> Hi,
>
> I've installed Oracle 8i enterprise edition on P-III box which has XP
> pro(SP1), after installation it worked fine and after I rebotted my box it
> stopped working and I checked the services for oracle and it says "Starting"
> as status instead of "Started".
> I've uninstalled the Oracle and reinstalled three times and found the same
> problem all the time.
>

> PS.
> Don't mention Oracle 9i, I need help specificly for 8i
>
> What can I do to solve this?
> Thanks

Make sure there aren't vestiges of the old installations in your registry.

Don't rely on the services to automatically start up. Use batch files and oradim.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=1018751.6

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"The tallest buildings always come at the end of a boom cycle and