How to duplicate 10g database?

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 04:10:47 GMT

Hi,

I installed Oracle 10g on whitebox linux. It works fine.

But I want to set up 3-4 sets database more on other identical machines. I like to use "dd" to clone the hard disk (offline the database of course).

I find that the filesystem under oracle has hardcoded hostname. Is there any method/instruction to change the hostname of oracle?

Thanks.

--
Johnson Chow