Re: installing multiple patches(Release 2, 9.2.0.4)

From: Igor Laletin <ilaletin_at_usa.net>
Date: 6 Sep 2004 19:19:35 -0700

kybyrd_at_mail.med.upenn.edu (Karen Byrd) wrote in message news:<9ca71242.0409030920.42f3e332_at_posting.google.com>...
> Several patches that I need to install have this caveat in their READ
> ME files:
>
> You must have NO OTHER PATCHES installed on your Oracle server
> since the latest patch set...
>
> How does one install all needed patches when this disclaimer exists?

My understanding is stand-alone patches are not necessarily tested for compatibility with each other. That's why this standard warning in readme's.

We already have a patch installed on top of 9.2.0.4 patchset so I opened a TAR to confirm two security patches could be applied on top. Now waiting.

Regards,
Igor Received on Mon Sep 06 2004 - 21:19:35 CDT