Problems with Oracle 10g EM

From: MIKE <mig_r_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2004 08:05:54 -0700

I cannot launch Enterprise Manager Console. When I do

emctl start dbconsole

it says me "oracle_sid variable not defined" aand in the registry it appears like "orcl". I am running with W2000 Server and SP3. Another question: it is neccesary to have a net connection to launch EM (cause I haven't at the moment)? I have read in other posts about a loopback adapter. Can anybody say me a bit more about this?

Thanx to all. Received on Mon Sep 06 2004 - 10:05:54 CDT