Re: Again about Oracle 8i on Win XP Pro

From: Harvey <harveyb_at_NoSpambeliveau.ccHere>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:54:18 GMT

ANSWER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Oracle 8i enterprise edition on P-III box which has XP
> pro(SP1), after installation it worked fine and after I rebotted my box it
> stopped working and I checked the services for oracle and it says "Starting"
> as status instead of "Started".
> I've uninstalled the Oracle and reinstalled three times and found the same
> problem all the time.
>
> PS.
> Don't mention Oracle 9i, I need help specificly for 8i
>
> What can I do to solve this?
> Thanks

Okay, then how about moving to a supported and certified OS. Be clear about it - Windows XP Pro is ONLY certified with the Oracle Net8 software, and then the 8.1.7.4 patch is required. Oracle 8i - Personal, Standard and Enterprise - are NOT certified. If it works, fine - if it doesn't, your valid choices are to either move to a supported version of Oracle (9i) or move to a supported OS (i.e., Win2K)

You've asked the same question multiple times. Have the answers significantly changed? If they haven't, then why keep beating a dead horse? Move to a supported and certified configuration.

Harvey Received on Sun Sep 05 2004 - 10:54:18 CDT