Re: installing multiple patches(Release 2, 9.2.0.4)

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2004 11:53:18 -0700

Igor Racic <igor.racicC_at_freesurf.fr_no_C> wrote in message news:<41399e8d$0$13689$636a15ce_at_news.free.fr>...
> > such as:
> >
> > call us on Tuesday with anything other than a sev-1 TAR?
> >
> > support thyself, unless its an ora-600.
> > test it yourself with your app, your app schema.
> >
> > -bdbafh
>
> I tried to find explaination why this thing is there.
> Of course you would test it yourself before putting anywhere.
> Probably I didn't get your point.
>
> Igor

the main Oracle us support office is closed due to hurricane Frances. They are supposedly not accepting level2-4 iTARs.

All of the one-off patchsets have that disclaimer - its "boilerplate". It doesn't mean anything, other than "don't apply this unless you need it".

Oracle has strongly recommended that the patchsets issued in Oracle Security Alert #68 be applied as soon as possible to your respective app and/or db server software (version).

read it for yourself at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm

-bdbafh Received on Sat Sep 04 2004 - 13:53:18 CDT