Re: Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:01:07 +1000

MrMcFu wrote:

> Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message
>

>> Please verify whether 9.2.0.1 is actually certified for Win 2003. IIRC
>> there is a special edition of Oracle for win 2003.

> Thank you. It seems there is another edition for windows 2003. Our
> departing Oracle person assured me it would work with windows 2003,
> but obviously I should have double checked him.

Odd. I had the 'normal Windows' freebie download 9i on Windows 2003 running happily for many months, until I went all Linuxy. That would have been 9.2.0.1, as Daniel used to keep pointing out to me, prodding me to update.

I missed the start of the thread, btw, so I don't know what the issue was. I just wanted to say that your departing Oracle person wasn't going completely off his or her head. That 'normal' 9i *can* run on a W2003 box. But that's not to say that, as you have discovered, there was/is a special W2003 version as well.

Regards
HJR