Re: Porting C++ App to Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:50:58 GMT

Tom Barnes wrote:

> james_pannozzi_at_cisgi.com (Questioner) wrote in message

>> I am considering porting a C++ application
>> to Oracle.

> Eh? C++ is a programming language and Oracle is a database!?

Insufficient information. Potentially porting a C++ app that stored stuff in a flat file, used some generic serialization library, or some such.

But you are right, the way the question was framed implies the writer has limited knowledge of Oracle. I kinda get the feeling OP might be trying to port to Java (or Forms) and wondering whether Oracle's relevant iDEs can help. In which case OP should browse OTN at http://otn.oracle.com and look around the high level description for Developer Suite to get a rough idea. Received on Fri Sep 03 2004 - 19:50:58 CDT