Oracle, Samba, and Win2k

From: Bubba Unix Dude <bubba_unix_dude_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:41:50 -0700

Ok. I searched google groups and the web the best I could and did not locate the answer:

User mapped a network drive to their Win2k workstation from the samba share that is being shared out by a Solaris server. He called the drive the N: drive. He then installed oracle 9i client for Windows on his Win2K workstation using the N: drive as the destination which really points to the Solaris server.

Can he reasonably expect to successfully run the oracle 9i client on his Win2k workstation having installed it on his N: drive? If so or not so, some detail would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Received on Fri Sep 03 2004 - 17:41:50 CDT