Re: installing multiple patches(Release 2, 9.2.0.4)

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:41:55 +0200

On 3 Sep 2004 10:20:46 -0700, kybyrd_at_mail.med.upenn.edu (Karen Byrd) wrote:

>Several patches that I need to install have this caveat in their READ
>ME files:
>
> You must have NO OTHER PATCHES installed on your Oracle server
> since the latest patch set...
>
>How does one install all needed patches when this disclaimer exists?

As far as I know almost all patches are cumulative, ie they go back to the initial release. Your readme will also state which minimum version you need to have. If you have 9.2.0.1 now, and 9.2.0.4 is cumulative, you install 9.2.0.4 (or better still 5 as that is available for most platforms) straightaway and forget about the other patches.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA